Our barristers and clerks fully embrace innovation in delivering legal services built on traditional values. Customer care is at the forefront of our mind when assisting our client’s legal need.
Business organisations and individuals with a legal need can engage the expertise and support of a barrister directly enabling the client to retain control of their case management and save up to 50% in legal expenditure.
Regency Direct will provide you with details of the most suitable barrister for your legal need in accordance with your budget, assist with legal terminology, court forms and procedures. If we feel you would better benefit from the services of a solicitor we will recommend a trusted solicitor to you.
Here’s our easy, step-by-step guide to instructing a barrister at Regency Direct:
- Complete our Public Access Questionnaire.
- A clerk will acknowledge receipt of your questionnaire and contact you by email or telephone with a list of suitably qualified barristers.
- You choose a barrister who will look at your paperwork and assess the best course of action.
- A clerk will contact you with the suggested work and a fixed fee quote.
- If you choose to instruct the barrister then a letter of agreement will be sent to you, which you must sign and return along with photo ID and a recent proof of address.
- An invoice will be sent in advance of the barrister starting the work for you as is required by the barristers regulatory body, the Bar Standards Board.
If you choose to decline instruction, there will be no charge to you and any paperwork you have supplied will be available for you to collect.
Should you have any queries, please feel free to contact us.